Friday 23 July 2010

Show & Tell

Things to note:

- The stories used must originate from storybooks.

- No cartoons like Ben 10, Toy Story

- There must be at least 10 sentences.

- There must be eye contact with the audience and speak loudly for the audience to hear.

Instructions:

- Use the same guidelines as P1 Show and Tell

- The topic is 'My Favourite Character in a story'

- Start by introducing yourself and the title of the story

  • 'Good morning Ms Tan and fellow classmates. My name is... and I am going to talk about my favourite character in the chosen I have chosen. The title of the story is ... and the author is ... .'

- A few questions to guide the boys:

  • Who is my favourite character?
  • Why do I like him/her? Describe his/her good traits/personality. Give examples.
  • Which part of the story impressed me most about him/her?
  • What important lesson did you learn from him/her?
  • Would you like to be like him/her? Why?

*Additional questions: If I were him/her, would I want to change the story? What would I do instead? Why?

- End the Show & Tell by thanking the audiences.

As for things to bring, use items that will enhance the Show & Tell and spur your child to speak more confidently.

Remember, the main objective of the Show & Tell is to test his fluency in speech and his expressiveness in his opinions.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment